Easy, Low-Calorie, High-Protein Slimming Meal or Snack!

Saturday, July 13, 2013


There are so many different diets, trends, and allergies out there, that it's hard to find a tasty, low calorie meal or snack that satisfies everyone. I, for one, have quite a few restrictions when it comes to food. After being very sick for several months, I was finally diagnosed with a dairy and grain allergy. I couldn't believe that all that pain, fear, and doctor's visits were attributed to a food allergy! I have had to find new ways to eat, and still get all the protein I need — which was not easy at first. Along with this, I know that the bottom-line for me to getting or staying lean, is a high protein diet without too many extraneous calories. I believe you can eat within these guidelines without sacrificing taste  (check out my 14 Day Diet and Fitness Plan to see what I’m talking about).

I want to share with you one of my favorite snack/lunch meals. It is super low-calorie, so you can enjoy this as a snack, but it is also high enough in protein that it can work well as a light lunch. I recommend this to all my clients, as it is pure clean eating: no dairy, no wheat. Whether you are looking to tone and define, or want to lose a couple of pounds, you can't go wrong this is. Plus, it great on the go!


Slimming Tuna Wraps

Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients:
6 ounces chunk light tuna packed in water
¾ cup chopped celery
8 kalamata olives (optional)
5-10 chopped cashews or almonds
½ cup chopped onion
1-2 tablespoon mild salsa
4 large lettuce leaves
1 teaspoon capers (optional if you are looking for a low sodium meal)
1 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Total Time: 5-10 mins
Mix capers, nuts, celery, tuna, olives onion and salsa, in a small bowl. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Wash and pat dry lettuce and leave whole. Place tuna mixture in the lettuce down the center of the stalk. Wrap and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Health
Template Design by Sabin Prajapati