Pycnogenol For ENDOMETRIOSIS

Thursday, September 26, 2013


Pycnogenol may reduce pain caused by endometriosis.



The health disorder endometriosis is relatively common, affecting up to 10 percent of American women of childbearing age, reports the University of Maryland Medical Center. Although about one-third of these women have no symptoms, most experience some degree of pain or other problems. The herbal remedy Pycnogenol is one possible remedy for relieving painful symptoms of endometriosis. Consult a qualified health-care provider before taking Pycnogenol for any health condition.






ENDOMETRIOSIS


When cells that make up the uterine lining move from the uterus to other areas of the body and then implant there, the condition is called endometriosis. Because the cells are still stimulated by hormones, they accumulate and shed blood during menstruation. This can result in lesions caused by scarring, pelvic pain, pain during urination or bowel movements, intestinal pain or pain during intercourse. Endometriosis also may lead to heavy or irregular menstruation and it is a leading cause of infertility, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.

TREATMENT


As of 2011, there was no cure for endometriosis, but ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can relieve the pain and inflammation. Some women choose oral contraceptives and hormone-suppressing drugs to stop ovulation, which helps to relieve symptoms. Some herbal remedies that may relieve inflammation associated with endometriosis include bromelain, cat's claw and turmeric, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center website. Early evidence indicates that Pycnogenol, a brand-name herbal product, may reduce pelvic pain due to this condition, but the current research is insufficient to confirm this benefit, according to the U.S. National Library of Medicine website MedlinePlus.

PYCNOGENOL


Pycnogenol is the brand name for an herbal extract derived from the bark of Pinus pinaster, a type of pine tree. The herb seems to have anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant activity, and also may boost the immune system. A study published in the August 2007 issue of the "Journal of Reproductive Medicine" found Pycnogenol to be an effective alternative to gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist therapy for treating symptoms of endometriosis.

USAGE


If you're interested in trying Pycnogenol for relieving symptoms of endometriosis, the remedy is possibly safe when taken in doses of up to 450 mg per day for up to six months, advises MedlinePlus. In the "Journal of Reproductive Medicine" study, participants experienced positive effects from taking 60 mg per day for 48 weeks. Side effects may include headaches, dizziness, upset stomach and mouth ulcers. Because Pycnogenol may stimulate the immune system, you probably shouldn't consume this herb if you have an autoimmune disorder such as lupus or multiple sclerosis.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address  drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be...www.drituaherbalcenter.com

Post a Comment

 
© Health
Template Design by Sabin Prajapati